IB PROGRAMME SINGAPORE
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) (Year 11 & 12) | IB Programme in Singapore
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) was established in Geneva in 1968 to provide a globally minded, internationally respected, university-entrance qualification for students studying outside of their home country.
The IBDP is an academically and personally challenging two-year programme that is today reputed for excellence and acknowledged as a superior pre-university qualification. It provides students of different linguistic, cultural and educational backgrounds with the intellectual, social and critical perspectives necessary for the evolving adult world that lies ahead.
Employing a progressive approach that adopts Theory of Knowledge, the Extended Essay and Creativity, Activity, Service as core subjects, IBDP provides students with opportunities to clarify their values and passions, and develop attitudes and competencies to make sound judgements and wise choices, so that they can succeed at school and beyond.
The IBDP also provides the opportunity to develop both disciplinary and inter-disciplinary knowledge that meets the rigorous standards set by institutions of higher learning around the world. Study for your IB Programme in Singapore with St Francis Methodist school.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- 16 – 19 years old
- Completed secondary education with a pass in at least 5 IGCSE subjects or equivalent
- Satisfactory performance in SFMS Admission tests and/or interview
To earn the full diploma, student must take 6 subjects, at least 3 at Higher Level (HL), in addition to the three core elements central to the philosophy of the programme –Theory of Knowledge, Extended Essay and Creativity, Activity, Service.
- 6 subjects (see Subjects on Offer table below)
- Theory of Knowledge (Core Subject)
- Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS) (Core Subject)
- Extended Essay (Core Subject)
- Christian Education
- Character and Values Education
- Student Service Learning
- Student Leadership
Subjects on Offer
|Theory of Knowledge||Extended Essay||Creativity, Activity, Service|
Chinese Language B
Mandarin ab initio
2022 Annual School Fees for New Students
|Course Title||Total School Fee (SGD)|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (Year 11)||29,585.50|
Fees stated above are for School Term commencing in Term 1 on 7th January 2022.
1. All fees quoted are in Singapore dollars (SGD or S$) & inclusive of 7% GST, subject to annual review.
2. Fees quoted are on a one-week to one-year basis.
3. *Direct Admission into Year 6, Year 10 & 12 can be granted based on good academic results and fulfilling other admission criteria, or for student who have completed the year and repeating.
4. Sibling discount is a one-off, 10% discount on the First Year Course Fees. It is applicable to the sibling who joins later. If 2 siblings join at the same time, it will be applicable to the older one. Terms and Conditions apply.
5. For other Miscellaneous Fees and Refund Policy, please refer to School website/Student Handbook
6. School Fees do not include school uniforms and textbooks.
7. Course Application Fee (non-refundable) is payable upon the acceptance of Letter of Offer. It is non-refundable.
8. Students who are applying for admission later than the stipulated start of term, their fees may be pro-rated $325 (Pri)/$400 (Junior & Senior High) per week. Terms and conditions apply.
9. At any time, only ONE discount is given whichever is the higher.
10. Student Medical Insurance Fee is a new fee from 1 Jan 2022 onwards. It includes coverage for COVID-19 hospitalisation expenses. Not pro-rated.